/

/
.





































.
.





























.

Dear Bathroom Scale...





Dear Bathroom Scale,

You are no longer my friend. There are two fundamental rules to being my friend and well... you've officially messed things up.
First, you have been saying unkind things to me lately. I mean, hello!?!... I visit with you every morning. I invest time in our relationship. I'm quite considerate of you. I work out and watch what I eat... kind of. All I need is a few words of encouragement. A few I tell you ... is that too much to ask? But no, during our last month of visits you just kept being rude and flashing numbers that quite simply bum me out.
Second, you can't seem to keep a secret to save your life. Those two brownies I ate yesterday .. okay, maybe more than two ... but I asked you to keep that a secret. But nooooo, missy prissy, you just had to tell the whole bathroom this morning about the upward movement of the numbers. I really wanted to like you. But, alas, I think we must break up. I'm moving on to bigger and better things.
No, wait, not bigger ... smaller and better things.
Yes, and if I ever find them, maybe we can be friends again. From now on, instead of standing on you, I will stand on the truth of God.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! -Psalm 139: 13-17

I subscribe to the "Proverbs 31 Woman" magazine and yesterday this month's came in the mail. This was the first article in it, written by Lysa TerKeurst, and I thought it was the cutest thing, so I wanted to share it with all of you!
Have a beautiful Tuesday! :)
Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!