/

/
.





































.
.





























.

His ways are not our ways...




Have you ever heard that beautiful Christian hymn that says - "It is well with my soul..?" It is one of my favorites. It always reminds me that God has a bigger plan for us, then we had for ourselves. It is like the scripture says
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. - Isaiah 55:8

At times we might not understand what is going on, but we have to trust God that he is doing what is best for us, those of us that love Him and live for Him. These last couple of months have been really hard on me and Adam. Just in the last two months alone, my best friend had a miscarriage, his best friend was waiting a heart transplant and passed away, and I found out that my grant that funds my job position is getting cut in February, so I will be without a job. But you know, sometimes you just have to step back and let God do his job. We can't see the big picture, but He can. And so that is what we are doing now. We have prayed and prayed for my best friend to feel comforted after their loss. And she is a strong woman and has great faith in the Lord, so they are continuing to try and have a family and I know one day soon I will get that special phone call again.

With Adams friend, Jonathan, we believe that he is not suffering anymore, and he was prepared for what was to come. His last words were to his mother - "I love you, let me go." Even though we will miss him so much, we are thankful for the years that he was here. He was only supposed to live until 18 after his first transplant, and he made it until 31.

As for my job, I just had my second interview today with the American Cancer Society. I prayed before I got there that I would just trust God with everything and if I was meant to get the position, then I would, and if God had something else in store for me, well,.. it is well with my soul. Right now we are really just trying to put everything in God's hands and continue to have a positive outlook on life. I will keep you all updated about my job situation. Your prayers would be much appreciated!

 
Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!