/

/
.





































.
.





























.

My 'Cup Half Full'

I was 21 when I met her.
"Separated at birth", we would joke, because we got to know each others' hearts so well.
Over the years, I've made a lot of mistakes. There are a lot of things that I wish I could go back in time and change. But one thing that I would never change,
is what she became to me.


A Letter to Crystal, my Sister.

Crystal,

I'm not sure if my words will be able to explain to you, how much you mean to me. I feel like we have so much in common, so many experiences that we have been through that make us closer. I look at you, and I see a woman that has come so far. I am so proud of who you are and how you constantly strive to live in such a way that you shine the light of Christ. And the beautiful part is that it is not just in how you live, but in how you love others. You make me want to be a better person. You make me want to be a better wife, and a better Christian. You have taught me so much in the last 5 years.

The memories that I have with you are precious to me. From sitting on your bed laughing at the turtle running on t.v., to letting you show me how you filled up the photo album for Lance. We have laughed together, we have cried together, we have even gotten angry together at McDonald's and their shortage of ketchup. There is not one moment spent with you that I am not encouraged, or benefit in some way just from being around you. You have always helped me to look on the bright side of things and you always leave me in a happier state than I was before you came. I love our conversations. I love that we can talk for hours about spiritual things, about the purpose of life, and changes that we can make for the better. You are such a beautiful person, with such a wonderful view on life, and I don't know what I would do without you.

Thank you for your friendship. Thank you for your willingness to understand me, your honesty always, and your unconditional love ... even when I'm constantly changing. Thank you for always caring so much about my heart and soul. You have always been such a selfless friend. You have done nothing but want to see me succeed and be happy and you've gone to so many great lengths to help that happen. I know, that without a doubt, if I called you at 4 in the morning, you would not only answer, but you would be saying "what took you so long?" There is a quote that says : "Best friends listen to what you don't say" and that is so true. When I don't quite know the words to explain how I feel, you always understand what my heart is trying to say. You've always seen the best in me.

I know that without a doubt, I don't deserve your friendship. And frankly, I don't believe that there is anything that I could do to earn it. But you and God have blessed me with it and I never want to take that for granted. I want you to know that I will always be here for you when you need me. I will always be honest with you, and love you unconditionally. Nothing that you would ever do could make me love you any less. After all, you know the depths of everything I used to be, and everything I still am that I don't want to be, and you still only see the good in me. And you try to understand the parts of me that aren't like you. That is what I want to be for you.

I am so excited about all of the memories that we have to look forward to in our futures. I can only imagine how many more times in my lifetime you will make me laugh until my stomach hurts, because you do something that makes you laugh at yourself until you can't breathe. I can't wait to see how much more I will respect and admire you as we grow older. And how much closer we get. You've been so much to me. You've been my rock, my shoulder, my cup half full.

You are such a beautiful person, and I love you with all of my heart.




Share Pin It!

1 comment :

  1. Oh, sister! I am so undeserving of this letter. I love that you think these things about me. We both know, I am not perfect and I have my flaws and things to work on. You inspire me and help me to see things I have never thought about before and they are all REALLY good points. Things that make me look at myself to be better. Things that help me to be a better Christian. God has blessed me with your friendship and I don't ever want to disappoint you. I love you and your family. You do have such a great heart and and you make me want to be better. You have a great heart for God and it shows. I am always here for you and I know that I can always count on you. I respect you and appreciate you and the woman you are today. I know that one day you will be a GREAT mother and I can't wait to experience that new adventure with you. Brady does have so much to learn from his aunt Theresa and I am so blessed that you are a part of his life. There are so MANY more memories to make. I am so blessed God gave me you. I love you, you are my best friend and the one I look up to. I have learned so much from you. I hope you have a great day. See you soon sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!