/

/
.





































.
.





























.

The Power of Prayer


Recently, I have had a lot of different friends and family members that I have needed to pray for. There are so many things going on with so many people that I care about, like my cousins baby, Allison who was born yesterday and has already been in NICU. They have had quite a scare and she is just now getting to hold her baby girl for the first time today.

Or like my other friends, Erica and Travis, who need our prayers for Baby Sam. Erica is 37 weeks pregnant and just found out that baby Sam has a heart condition and will have to have surgery as soon as he is born.

And there is also my best friend, Crystal, who is currently pregnant. She went through a miscarriage just a year ago and is very worried about the health of their baby boy who will be here in December.

These are all people that I have said - "You are in my prayers" to. But that got me to thinking...

How often do we tell people that we will pray for them, just as a statement of comfort or remorse? Do we really remember them in our prayers? And if not, then why? Surely it is not because we doubt the effectiveness of prayer?

I have been a lot better in the last two years about making sure that I do pray for the people that I say I am going to pray for. But I resolve today to keep a little flip pad in my purse and write down the names of everyone that I say I am going to pray for. When I pray throughout the day, I will take that out and make sure that my words to those friends were not just words to comfort, but words of faith in my God. I know the power of prayer. I have witnessed what it can do in my own life. So please, today, when you take your time to pray ... pray for Baby Allison, Baby Sam, and Baby Vann. If you can't remember their names, please just remember the 3 babies from my blog. I know that all of these families will appreciate your prayers greatly.


Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!