/

/
.





































.
.





























.

I will praise You in this storm.



I lift my eyes up to the hills-

Where does my help come from?


"My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip -He who watches over you will not slumber; Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you. The LORD is your shade at your right hand; The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm -He will watch over your life; The LORD will watch over your coming and going

Both now and forevermore."

-Psalm 121



Adam went to work one day last week and realized that his neck was becoming very swollen. He did not know what was wrong and was having a hard time swallowing and breathing. The doctor did a sonogram and they found that he has a mass in or around his thyroid. At first, they thought that maybe he just had hyper thyroid-ism, or something like that, but after doing more tests, they found out that his thyroid was completely normal but the mass has doubled in size. Now his thyroid is 3 times its normal size. They wanted to do some blood tests and test the thyroid to make sure of what it was.


All of this was going on while I was away in Austin at my Gala Training for my job. When I got home on Tuesday night, I got to see Adam for the first time. Not only had he lost almost 20 lbs in about two weeks, but this mass in his neck was swollen into the size of a hot dog bun.

Today his test results came back and his doctor called him. She informed him that everything with his thyroid is completely normal, so they think that his mass IS cancer. They want to do surgery and remove it as soon as possible. The doctor said that she doesn't think that it has spread anywhere else. Tomorrow, we are going to one more doctor in the afternoon to get a second opinion before we go through with any surgery.

I will keep everyone posted and hope that you will remember us in your prayers. I can't help but worry. In just a week, my happy, healthy, perfect husband could become my husband with cancer.
It is a scary thought.

But with that said...

Seriously, Life? This is all you've got?
Please.
Our God is so much bigger than anything you could ever throw at us.

And we will still Praise Him.




Share Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this news :-( I will definitely be praying for both of you. God is bigger!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!