/

/
.





































.
.





























.

My Soul Is Getting Restless..

... for the place where I belong.

The dictionary says that the word Home means-
: a place in which one's affections are centered, the destination or goal.

I could not have said it better myself...

So often we put so much work and love into our homes here on earth. We try to make things perfect. I think it took me about 8 months after we said I Do to realize that there was no such thing as a "perfect wife".
But for a while I was trying my hardest to be her.
Oy vey.

I wanted our house to always be a safe haven for Adam. A place of comfort and rest that he longed to come home to every day. A place of fun memories and home cooked meals. A place that we called Home.

But the truth is, I want so much more than that.
Sure, I want our house to be a place filled with rest and love and peace.
But I do not want this structure of boards and paint to be our home.

These boards and paint are not my home.

The rest and peace that I get in this house could never compare to what is waiting for me.
What a beautiful, comforting thought.

And the more that I get to know my God, the more I want to be with Him.

"In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:2-3
Ahhh.... Home.

So how can I prepare myself for this place?
I set my eyes on things eternal.
When the world throws everything it has at me, to win me over.
I set my eyes on things eternal.
When my heart deceives me and tells me to try harder to be the perfect wife.
I set my eyes on things eternal.
When work gets too demanding and I don't have enough hours in the day.
I set my eyes on things eternal.
When the doctors tell us the diagnosis.
I set my eyes on things eternal.
And when my soul is getting restless
....

I think that without a doubt, the comforts and pleasures of this world draw us farther and farther from the heart of God.We have so much to look forward to,
or so much from our past that we miss,
or so much happiness from material things,
or so much heartache from trivial things

that it subtly puts on these rose colored glasses for us,
and we forget why we are here in the first place.
"And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."
- Hebrews 11:13-16

I pray that I never forget where my Home is.
The place where I belong.




Share Pin It!

3 comments :

  1. love this. love your heart, and i don't even "know" you.

    check out the song "Where I Belong" by Cory Asbury. I think you'd like it. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true.. being that I live in a foreign country and have such a desire to return home I have to keep reminding myself that Texas really isn't home. Although I would allow arguments on Texas being heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found me on 20SB. Your site is so beautiful and your posts are so inspirational. What you say is so much what I think but don't always have words for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!