/

/
.





































.
.





























.

I hate goodbyes.


Some of the saddest experiences in my life have been saying that dreaded word.

And pretty soon, I'm afraid that I am going to have to say it again.

This time, I am saying it to a friend that fate brought my way.
To a person who I have learned a lot from.
Patience, Faith, and Positivity.
A little of her competitiveness rubbed off on me too. :)

I wish she didn't have to go, but it seems like another door has
opened for her and so I am happy for her.
Sad for us, but happy for her.

I sure will miss her. She is an incredible person.

And though I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with her because we were always so busy, I have a lot of good memories. I'll never forget our venting sessions about a database that nobody can understand, or making faces at each other from across the hall when we hear people say surprising things or something funny, and I'll never forget all of the times that she was my hotel roomy. Even when we stayed at the Driskill and she was "spooned by a ghost". Ha.

I really WILL miss her.

And here are the Top 10 things I will miss most about her:

10. I will miss her skills. That girl can decorate. Looking into her office was like watching HGTV.

9. I will miss having an endless supply of Diet Dr.Pepper in the fridge. ;)

8. I will miss her sense of humor. She is probably about the only person that could take my joking around [about her stealing my volunteers] for so long.

7. I will miss listening to the endless number of ring tones that she has for people. Although, I'm pretty sure that she won't miss my one annoying ring tone that I have for everybody!

6. I will miss playing games like ACS jeopardy with her because of how fun she made it.

5. I will miss times like the road trip in Kelly's car when we told stories about meeting our husbands.

4. I will miss having such a good roommate. One who likes the room at the same temperature as I do.

3. I will miss hearing her talk about her kids. You can tell how much she loves them.

2. I will miss her faith and love for God. Some people don't feel the need to put it out everywhere like I sometimes do, but you can still see it all over them. I admire people like that.

1. I will miss her kindness. She was always there to help me. No matter if I've asked one question or 100, she totally took me under her wing and showed me the ropes. And for that, I am truly grateful.


Yeah, I hate goodbyes.

And I especially hate this one.



"I cannot say goodbye to the friends whom I have grown to love, for the memories
we have made will last a lifetime, and will never know a goodbye."

-Unknown

Share Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. Misti WelchMarch 15, 2010

    This is so INCREDIBLY SWEET and I am so thankful as you said it perfectly, that fate has brought us in each others lives!! I cried and laughed all at the same time reading this and for the first time moving really hit me....gosh thanks Theresa!!!! lol I am going to miss you so much, you were the best roomie ever and I have enjoyed working with you so much!! But were not saying goodbye....were just saying see ya later!!!!! :) Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying goodbye is always the hardest. From this post (and your friends above) I'm sure you'll both keep and touch and still stay great friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!