/

/
.





































.
.





























.

The Measure of a Woman: Part 1



In a society like ours, sometimes I think it can be very difficult to gain God's perspective on Beauty. Here are some of the characteristics that, in my opinion, make a woman beautiful from the inside out.

She reflects God's character.
She is a peacemaker.

She communicates Godliness.

She loves her husband and children.
She is wise and sensible.

She is modest.

She helps others.

We live in a culture that is obsessed with the external. The world tells you one thing about beauty, but God's word reveals that beauty is much deeper.

Here are 5 of the most beautiful women I know .....


Esther.This lady right here has a passion for God like most people can only dream of. She is constantly trying to seek and save the lost. She devotes so much of her time to encouraging others and being someone to listen to their heartaches and pains. I don't know how many times I have been having a hard day and she will text me and let me know that she had the urge to pray for me at that moment. She loves her husband and her daughter so much. She has a heart for others and is truly a beautiful soul. I feel honored to know her.


Tisha.
This woman would do anything for anyone. In fact, the little boy in this picture, that she did not really know too long before this was taken, received a kidney from her. Although she is busy being an amazing wife and wonderful mom to three precious children, she also reaches out with compassion and love for everyone around her. She strives to be a Godly woman daily and sets an example for others to follow by being the faithful Christian that she is. My life has been absolutely blessed since I have known her.



Crystal.
Ok. So I might be a little biased since she IS my best friend and all. But this lady has an absolutely beautiful soul. I never met anyone in my life who was more understanding and forgiving of people's faults than she is. She tries to please God with everything in her and I wish on a daily basis that I was as meek and humble as she is. She is also an incredible homemaker. With a new born baby in the house, she makes sure that she takes care of everything that needs to be done so that she can be the virtuous woman that she feels her husband so badly deserves. She is truly remarkable.




Loralee.
She has never met a stranger. In fact, the first time I met her, she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek as if we were old friends. She just has a heart of gold. Not only is she incredibly genuine, but she would give you the very shirt off of her back to demonstrate how much she loves you. She has cared about my heart and soul like I were her own family. But then again, I am. She exemplifies what it means to be modest and pure and is always so kind and generous to everyone she comes in contact with. She is definitely a woman who puts Christ first in her life and always will. Such a beautiful lady.



Julie.
I can learn so much from this woman. Her children rise up and call her blessed, and her husband knows that she is worth far more than jewels. She has such a sweet and gentle spirit and can find a way to make sense of anything that might be troubling you. She constantly has her eyes fixed on Christ and how she can be closer to Him and bring others there also. I have watched her love people no matter what walk of life they have come from. She is not judgmental and does not look down her nose at anyone who is seeking. She always welcomes everyone with opened arms and genuinely cares about them from that moment on. She is an incredible woman.


So you see, the true measure of a woman involves beauty that is more than skin deep. As I walk through this world and watch on a daily basis the constant struggle of young girls and women to feel attractive, lose their self respect, and try to make up for the emptiness that they feel in their lives, I can look at these ladies with admiration and remember what it truly means to be beautiful.

Thank you God, for ladies like these.


Share Pin It!

4 comments :

  1. Julie PowerMay 12, 2010

    I am so deeply touched that words fail me. All I can say is 'thank you, sister and friend'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 12, 2010

    This is a beautiful post. I agree, we need to get away from the external is we ever really want to know the meaning of true beauty.

    Best,

    Hannah Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless these women, and you must be joyful to have such great examples in your life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!