/

/
.





































.
.





























.

THIRTY TWO WEEKS


I wish I had the words.




I wish I could find them, just once.
Just one time, in one blog post, I would love to be able to find the perfect words to describe how much I love this little boy already.

I guess it is one of those things I will never be able to explain....
Here is what is going on with Connor:

By now, our baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in my uterus. I'm gaining about a pound a week ( YIKES!) and roughly half of that goes right to our baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth. {babycenter.com}

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:
I had a doctor's appointment on Monday morning before work. She just wanted to check the heartbeat and measure Connor, you know, the usual in and out kind of stuff. She measured him and then said - "Yep, he's perfect. Not too big and not too small."

To which of course I thought; He's perfect, huh?
I could have told you that.

A couple of weeks ago, the ladies at our Church threw me one amazing shower. We got so many wonderful gifts for Connor and for that I am so grateful. Everything looked so lovely.


My sweet co-worker, who is always so generous and creative, embroidered my diaper bag for me this week. She did a great job! Thanks Ash.


I also have another really sweet co-worker, Kathryn, who made these baby blankets and embroidered Connor's name on them for me. Do I have some amazing co-workers or what?



I found this and thought maybe it would help Adam with changing diapers. ;) - "Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together. Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again."
- Jimmy Piersal

PHYSICAL CHANGES:

My oh my. We are on the downhill slope now. I can't believe he will be here in 8 weeks (or less!). Not only am I really tired and super emotional, but my cute little "inny" belly button is looking like he wants to switch teams on me. It hasn't happened yet, but I give it a month or so.

Connor's movements are also getting way more intense as the days go by. I love feeling him squirm and play in there, but those jabs, woah! He can take my breath away with some of those. And he has the hiccups all the time.

CRAVINGS:

I'm not really sure if I would call these "cravings", but I've been really enjoying

Hamburgers (and I don't even like beef!)
French Fries with LOTS of ketchup
&
Bubble Gum

SWEET BABY MOMENT OF THE WEEK:
I found a new song to sing to Connor. By the way he moves, I can tell he likes it a lot better than the other one I used to sing. :) This one goes like this -

When I grow up, I want to be a man of God.

I want to be someone who is full of life.

I want to be someone who – loves the Lord,

So I choose to be a man of God.

There is nothing else in the world that I’d rather be,

There is nothing else in the world that I’d rather be.


And even though I'm still a kid,

The choice is clear to me.

A man of God is what I am--

A man of God, that's exactly what I want to be.

8 more weeks, my little man.

Share Pin It!

1 comment :

  1. You look Beautiful, Sweetheart! Connor is blessed to have you as his momma.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!