/

/
.





































.
.





























.

Birds.Of.A.Feather

"In this shall all know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." -John 13:35


On Tuesday night, I got the privilege of meeting with the ladies of the new church congregation that we have been visiting here in Athens, Central Church of Christ. They had a "ladies night out" with food and games and the name of the party was Birds of a Feather. These ladies were some of the most warm, loving, and welcoming people I have ever met in my life. From the moment that I walked into the building, they made me feel like family. Not to mention, it was an absolute blast and I've never laughed so hard!

One of the gifts that was given to us by the Hostess was a scroll with scriptures printed on it. The scriptures were all passages from the bible that referenced birds in any way. Believe it or not, there are many times that a bird is mentioned, whether it be a dove, a crow, a chicken, or even a sparrow. We were also given little bird houses painted with beautiful colors as gifts to take home. One of my favorite games that we played was about planting a garden. This is what we had to do:

Plant three rows of peas:
Peace of mind
Peace of heart
Peace of soul

Plant four rows of squash:
Squash gossip
Squash indifference
Squash grumbling
Squash selfishness

Plant four rows of lettuce:
Lettuce be faithful
Lettuce be kind
Lettuce be obedient
Lettuce really love one another

A garden must have some turnips:
Turnip for meetings
Turnip for service
Turnip to help one another

A garden must have some thyme:
Thyme for God
Thyme for study
Thyme for prayer

To realize the potential of your little garden:
Water freely with patience and cultivate with love,
because you will always reap what you sow.

It was such a fun night with the ladies and I am looking forward to many wonderful times with them! Adam and I are already getting very comfortable at Central. They are such good hearted people and very spiritually minded! We are excited that this might be the home that we have been looking for in order to grow spiritually and to be challenged in the Word of God.
 
Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!