/

/
.





































.
.





























.

Friday, November 13th...

...is Write Love on Her Arms Day 2009.

And I'm so pumped.

I found this organization about 2 years ago and really wanted to get involved. To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.

This organization really hits home with me because of some of my close friends and their struggle with depression and thoughts of suicide. It also reminds me of not so long ago during my first two years of college when I went through some depression before I found Christ. If only I would have known about something like this back then and the immense amount of support and love shown by people all over the country. You can show your support by participating on this day, Friday November 13th 2009 or by ordering a shirt to wear. About a year ago I got this shirt from their website http://www.twloha.com
and I had tons of people asking me what it was about. It was a great way to let them know about such an amazing organization.


To Write Love On Her Arms Day is a day where anyone can write the words love on their arms, to support those who are fighting against depression and those who are trying to recover. On this day, other people will ask why you have love written on your arms, and you tell them you are supporting a non profit organization helping stop depression, and making love the movement.

The vision is that community and hope and help would replace secrets and silence.

The vision is people putting down blades and bottles.

The vision is that we can reduce the suicide rate in America and around the world.

The vision is that we would learn what it means to love our friends, and that we would love ourselves enough to get the help we need.

The vision is better endings.

The vision is the restoration of broken families and broken relationships.

The vision is people finding life, finding freedom, finding love.

The vision is graduation, a wedding, a child, a sunrise.

The vision is people becoming incredible parents, people breaking cycles, making change.

The vision is the possibility that your best days are ahead.

The vision is the possibility that we're more loved than we'll ever know.

The vision is hope, and hope is real.




Share Pin It!

1 comment :

  1. Theresa! it's been a long time since we have talked!I am so inspired by everything that u write! u are such a beautiful person inside & out & i know it must have taken some courage to write this story....& i never knew that u were hurting like that...but i am glad that LOVE won & u can tell your story now & it be a blessing to someone else that may have a problem. I have been praying for you & your husband! & the Lord will take care of yall! i hope that everything goes well & I just wanted u to also Thank you for accepting me in school even though i wasn't the "coolest" person around.....it really meant alot to me, and i still remember the good times that we had! I will continue to be praying for yall! hope u have a good weekend--mindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!