/

/
.





































.
.





























.

(i want to leave a legacy)

The great mystery still boggling peoples' minds today....
What is the meaning of life?


The meaning of life .... Is to give life a meaning.

Today I spent most of my day thinking about the meaning that we give life. To others, to ourselves, to God. That we, as Children of God, can be used in such a way, to bring people closer to His heart, and closer to ours. I thought about the people that I care about most in my life, and wonder if I make a difference in theirs. I thought about what a precious gift this journey is, and what I want to do with it.

And then I thought about, most importantly, the value of a soul.

"...All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
-Psalm 139:16

Isn't it amazing to think that God had a purpose for us before we were even born? He says in Jeremiah 29, that He has plans for us. Plans, not to hurt us, but to give us Hope and a future. It makes me incredibly sad to meet people that do not know their own worth, or do not feel that they deserve God's love. Life has a meaning for all of us. And that plan was perfected before our hearts ever felt the first beat of life.

It is comforting to know that I am here for something much bigger and much greater than myself. That I can potentially play a role in the life of others that will effect them, not only in this life, but in the rest of eternity. It is an important job. And I must treat it as such.

A Legacy.

Everybody wants to leave one.
They want the world to remember their albums.
They want people to remember their athletic abilities.
They want everyone to remember their courageous efforts...

But I think that God has much bigger expectations for us. Things far more important that will one day make these things here on earth seem silly. And if we do all of these things to make a name for us here on earth, but neglect to bring souls to Christ, what really have we given? If we don't let people know that they are a valuable masterpiece that was loved from the beginning, what have we gained?

Think about it.

There are two things that usually determine something's value in life.

1. How much someone is willing to pay for it.
2. Who owned it in the past.

Now think about your life.

Who do you belong to?


And what was the price that was paid?



You can't get any more valuable than that.



Share Pin It!

1 comment :

  1. I use to dream of making a big impact in the world, but I think now more often than not I just wish my world was back to normal and boring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!