"I think music in itself is healing.
It's an explosive expression of humanity.
It's something we are all touched by.
No matter what culture we're from,
everyone loves music."
~ Billy Joel ~
Last year was a great year of music for me. I was able to find a lot of new artists that I enjoy and a lot of great new music. Some of these songs might be years old, and some might be brand new, but either way, these songs were my favorites in 2010. My style tends to be more singer/songwriter ... mellow and a little folksy for the most part. So if you enjoy that style, you might enjoy these songs as well. And if you're anything like me and are always searching for new music to inspire you and awaken something in your soul...some of these might do just the trick! :)
10. Duet- Rachael Yamagata & Ray Lamontagne
9. Don't Change A Thing - Seabird
8. Greatest Story - Kim TaylorWatch her amazing live performance of the song here.
7. Just You - Amy Stroup
6. Belong - Cary Brothers
One of those songs for me where I will always remember where I was the first moment that I first heard it, Especially the second verse.
5. Element - Matthew (Moses) Mayfield
4. Hold On to Hope Love- Amy Stroup
3. Can't Go Back Now - The Weepies
2. Poison and Wine - The Civil Wars
1. Sweet Dream - Greg Laswell