/

/
.





































.
.





























.

FOURTEEN WEEKS

Really? You were expecting a blog post about something OTHER than the baby?
I am 14 weeks along this week which means I am officially in my 2nd Trimester! Baby Bluhm is growing fast, as you can tell from the picture above.
This week's big developments: Our baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, their facial muscles are getting a workout as their tiny features form one expression after another. His/her kidneys are producing urine, which they releases into the amniotic fluid around them — a process they'll keep up until birth. He/she can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch them sucking their thumb. {babycenter.com}

PHYSICAL CHANGES
I've definitely got my energy back! Thank you, second trimester, for not making me fall asleep absolutely exhausted on the couch at 8pm anymore!
Obviously, my tummy is getting bigger, and more firm too!
This week, the baby is the size of a lemon.
THINGS WE ARE DOING
Today (with my new burst of energy) I managed to clean out the entire office to make room for our new nursery. I need to paint this shelf. What do you think, wood or white?

We have also been in the process of trading lists and
deciding on names.
CRAVINGS
Olives
Lemons
Chinese Food
CUTE BABY MOMENT OF THE WEEK
Adam, while rubbing my belly/dancing with my belly, sings this to me
in the tune of "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi:
"It's my bun ... its in the oven, and I'm gonna show it some lovin'!!"
haha. He's so cute.

Share Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the update. I think I might be putting something in the mail for y'all tomorrow (or Saturday).
    Regarding the bookshelf: I vote for wood! Natural colors are always much more calming and soothing to me. Just my opinion, though!
    I love y'all!
    Hey, will y'all be in Tyler on Sunday the 26th of June? I think I will be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SUCH a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!