/

/
.





































.
.





























.

Monday (M)orning Music Review


Let me just preface this review by saying : I'm team Alanis.
Always have been. I'm not sure how I would have gotten through some of the long rides on the volleyball bus in high school if I didn't have Jagged Little Pill blasting in my headphones. And she has always seemed like a very level headed, kind hearted individual (I mean, you know, other than to the men who have hurt her).
And I'm happy for her. Really, I am. I'm so glad that she has come to a point in her life where she is finally at peace and really happy. Married and a mother. And that IS definitely the most blessed place to be.
But for the sake of her music, I can only wish some rotten man would come along and do her wrong again. It's absolutely vital to the success of her future albums. I mean, look at Adele and Taylor Swift. Why do you think their music sales so well? Because their songs are emotionally charged being full of heartbreak and pain.
Alanis needs some heartache, because this album was awful.
Every song felt pretty much the same with a girl-power inspired electro pop sound. In fact, there isn't a single song where a part of me for even just a second said - "hey, I kinda like this one." Nope, I was utterly disappointed. Even the song about motherhood that I should just automatically love, was such a flop with these lyrics :
"I’ll be your keeper for life as your guardian
I’ll be your warrior of care your first warden
I’ll be your angel on call, I’ll be on demand
The greatest honor of all, as your guardian
"
Really? That's the best you can do about creating a life and the love you feel in your heart? I guess to each his own. But I'm no fan of Havoc and Bright Lights. Sorry, Alanis.  
But know what I am excited about that is released TOMORROW?

My long lost love, Lifehouse. Their last album disappointed me because of the Daughtry sound of it. He helped them with it, and boy could you tell. I'm hoping they can go back to their old sound of the No Name Face Days. We will see. I want to be pleasantly surprised.


Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!