/

/
.





































.
.





























.

What I'm Thankful For


This morning on the way to work I juggled around a lot of different ideas in my head about what I wanted to blog about. But with Thanksgiving right around the corner again, I decided to stick to the obvious and blog about the top 5 things I am thankful for this year. So here it goes:


5. I am thankful for my job.


- Though some days it can be a thorn in my side, I am very grateful to have a source of income when so many people are without in our country. Plus, in the general scheme of things, I love what I do. I might not always be a fan of who I am working for... but WHAT I am working for is what matters. We have come a long way in the last year. We were donated a new building, were able to start a Sexual Assault Response Team, raised $25,000 at our Wine & Cheese event, and will have plenty of Thanksgiving dinners and Christmas presents to load up our list of families.



4. I am thankful for my house.

- So ... it might not be a castle, but it is our little cozy home out in the country. I couldn't ask for a better place to find peace and quiet. And recently, since we have decided that we just can't afford anything else right now, we have started to fix it up a bit inside. The more we stay there, the longer I love that place. And... you can't beat a kitchen that size, I mean... come on.

3. I am thankful for my family & friends

- This time of year reminds me of what a great family I have. I am looking forward to getting together and just having a great time playing games, eating good food, listening to my brother play the guitar, and watching the A&M vs. Texas game (even if half of my family are for the longhorns). They are such considerate and loving people that always want to get the most out of the time we have together. No matter what the majority wants to do, everyone puts on a smile and remembers that tomorrow with each other is never guaranteed. I really can't wait to see all of them on Wednesday.




When it comes to my friends, they know exactly what to say when I'm down, exactly when to call, exactly how to make me laugh, and they are always there when I need them. My life would not be the same if I didn't have the best friends that I do to be right there by my side. I love that you can not only share hard times with them, but you can share the great times with them too.




2. I am thankful for my Husband.

- We are coming up to the brink of 9 months and our marriage gets better every day. They say the first year is the hardest, because you have to get used to living in the same house as someone else, and that is when you learn their little quirks and shortcomings. But I think that these last 9 months have been months of reflecting and self examining that have taught us just how strong our love can actually be. I am so very grateful to have someone that loves me just the way I am.


1. I'm Thankful for my God.
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

(Habakkuk 3:17-18)
Above all, I know that if I lost everything else that I am thankful for, I would still have the love of God to carry me through. On this thanksgiving day, be glad for the food, family, and fun... but don't forget the most giving one of all, who gave His life for us ...



Everyone have a very blessed Thanksgiving!
Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!