/

/
.





































.
.





























.

Monday (m)orning Music Review


The new Mae album is here, and I must say... they have totally redeemed themselves.

Finally.

After The Everglow was released, I thought that Mae's music could only get better. But that was not the case. Singularity (released in 2007) was, in my opinion, a complete flop. They lost their incredible sound that made me love them so much in the first place. Besides the ballad "Reflections" , this entire album was sounding a little too much like Relient K to separate the two.

But with the new album, (m)orning, they have come back to their original sound and creativity. The first and last song on the cd are strictly instrumental, which I adore.

My 3 favorite songs :

The Fisherman Song
This song is 8 minutes and 39 seconds long. It tells an inspirational story and is one of those songs where you truly have to "wait for it" to get to the beauty of it. Around the 6th minute, the story begins to come to a close and the musician knows what to do ...
"I knew what he was talking about. I knew how to finish my song."
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

Two Birds
I am in love with the flute in this song. It really does make me feel like I am listening to a love story between birds. This is definitely creative and original. Completely instrumental, but powerful, nonetheless.

A Melody, the Memory
This song reminds me of the love songs from The Everglow. The guitar in it is too fast to make it a "sappy slow song", however, the words pull on your heart strings.
"Rewind and Play. Time to go backwards again. And I'm moved by the way."

So what do I give this new release from Mae?
Thumbs Up.


...I am also really liking Ocean Eyes from Owl City.

It sounds like a mix between the Postal Service and A Rocket to The Moon. Apparently, this guy (Adam Young is a one man band) has been around for a while, but is just now hitting it big. The newest album, Ocean Eyes, caught the right persons' attention I suppose.

My 3 favorite songs:

Vanilla Twilight
It is definitely less electronic sounding than the majority of the cd, but the lyrics are what sold me on this song and are too incredible to not mention.
"The stars lean down to kiss you, and I lie awake and miss you. ..'Cuz I'll dose off safe and soundly, but I'll miss your arms around me."

Cave In
Such a cool beat of drum looping and a digital symphony. This song definitely reminds me of Death Cab for Cutie and leaves you wanting more of the album. Lucky for you, this is the first song on the album so you've got plenty more to keep you satisfied.
"and I've had just about enough of quote "diamonds in the rough", and my backbone is paper thin."

Meteor Shower
By far the most beautiful song on the album. Besides it's clever title that has nothing to do with the lyrics, this song makes me wonder exactly what he is talking about or who he is talking to.

So I give this Owl City album...

Thumbs Up.


and ... drum roll please ....

The New Album I'm looking forward to??




The new Dashboard Confessional.

Coming out November 10th.




Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!