/

/
.





































.
.





























.

Everything I Hoped You'd Be...






2010 was amazing, but as much as I hated to see it go, I was also really excited to start 2011.

What we are praying for, is a good report for Adam on the 21st of this month. His scan got postponed once again and now we have it set in stone for the 14th. Next Friday. That means, we will hear on the 21st whether or not he is still cancer free. I'm pretty confident that the report will be good, he will be healthy as a horse (how healthy are horses anyway?), and we will get to start our family this year. On top of that AMAZING news, we also have a lot of fun planned for 2011.

At the end of this month, I get to watch Adam play in his College Alumni Baseball Game. This is a big deal because I have never seen him play since ... well, ever. And since he loves the game so much, and was so good at it, I'm excited to be able to sit up in the stands with the other wives and cheer him on! I might even download the song from "The Natural" to play on my phone when he hits a home run for me! ;)
I also have another exciting Relay Season coming up this year with 7 different communities. That means meeting more amazing people, playing more fun games, listening to more inspirational stories, and raising more money for a cure. If you have never participated in a Relay For Life in your community, you are missing out.


This summer we are hoping to take a trip to California. I have never been there and I would love to see the Red Woods and go ride four wheelers down on the beach. Adam lived there for a short while after college and he is really looking forward to showing me around.

I will also be having my 10 year reunion this year! I can't believe it. I never would have said this at 18 years old, ready to get out of that town and never come back (you know how it is when you graduate),... but I am really excited about seeing everyone that I grew up with and catching up on their lives. I know a lot of them have precious children and a lot of great stories since senior year and I will really enjoy hearing them all.

There are so many things I am looking forward to, but most of them have to do with changes within me and not what we will be doing or where we will be going. I know all of us are constantly trying to become better people and challenge ourselves. And I have definitely started thinking about what kind of mother I want to be. It hits me like a ton of bricks to think - it's not what kind of mother I will be "someday", but what kind am I about to be?? And there are so many little things about myself that I want to tweak and fine tune before I bring a child into this world. So, I figured no better time to think of those things to work on, than New Years Day. The day of resolutions.

This year, I had 3 New Years Resolutions.

1. SPEAK KINDLY


We are human. And a lot of times we find ourselves talking about what we see others do or like to give our own opinion of what we think they should have done. We will say something like - "That jerk just pulled out right in front of me!!" Well, not anymore. I'm working on my language. And if I don't have anything nice to say, I won't say anything at all.

"Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience."
Colossians 3:12


2. MAKE THE MOST OF EVERY DAY


This one is easy to slack on. But I started thinking about that whole 10 year class reunion thing. That kind of hit me in the face. If those ten years went by that fast, how fast will the next 10 go? And I can't slow down life. But I can make it seem longer by filling my day with little treasures and memories. I can stop to do things for strangers, and make friends of them. I can keep in better touch with my friends who live far away, and make sure to visit them often. And I can love with everything I have. Every day.

"Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality."
Romans 12:9-13



3. LEARN TO SEE THE WORLD THROUGH THE EYES OF CHRIST

I once heard a quote that said something like- the world is a reflection of what is in your heart. And so if all we see and talk about and complain about are negative things around us, then maybe we need to adjust something going on within our own hearts first. I mean, sure.. we are definitely still going to hear of sad things going on around us, burglary, assault, child abuse, cancer.... and we are going to want to hurt with those that are hurting and get angry with those that are angry. But life is also filled with simple blessings every day and it takes a much bigger person to find those blessings amongst the chaos than it does to gripe and complain about what is going wrong with the school systems, our government, and who knows what else. I want to purify my heart to see the good in everyone around me and give people the benefit of the doubt.The spirit of a man is the lamp of the LORD, searching all the inner depths of his heart.

Proverbs 20:27

Teach me to number my days
And count every moment
Before it slips away
Take in all the colors
Before they fade to grey
And when it's all said and done
No one remembers
How far we have run
The only thing that matters...

Is how we have loved.

So slow down, before today becomes our yesterday.

Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!