/

/
.





































.
.





























.

I can't wait to meet you, little one.





Have you ever tried to stop and think about the single greatest moment of your life? The one that took your breath away and caused joy and thankfulness and love to flood your entire being at the same time? The one that made you laugh and cry simultaneously? And then laugh at yourself because you couldn't stop crying?

I think back to two particular moments in my life where I felt totally complete.

One was on April 14th, 2004. The day I became a Christian.

The other, March 1st, 2008. The day I married the man that God had prepared for me.

But those two days ... if you put the substance of those two days together ... If you add the fact that I have such a loving and merciful God, one that worked out the intricate details of my life, and that I was united to someone who loves Him with his entire heart and soul in such a sacred union and bond that can't be broken... The moment that I realized that the love of God, plus our love, had created a life .... a perfect little heart that is beating....

That was the single greatest moment in my life.

So far.

It was so much fun telling our families and close friends. I loved all of the reactions. There was shouting, crying, shock, and of course, hugging.

One of my favorite reactions, was from my 90 year old grandfather. He has Alzheimer's and some days he can focus on what we are telling him, and some days, well, it's just hard. But when we told him we were expecting he said - "I'm gonna take 'em fishin', youngin'." :) Then as we were leaving, he placed his hands on both sides of my face, pulled me in real close, and looked at me with tears in his eyes and said - "I'm real proud for you youngin'." Family is so important. I'm sure it is amazing for my grandparents to watch another life come from what they started so many years ago. And as we start our little family, we can't help but think about the future we are beginning. The happiness we will get to see in the faces of our children, and Lord willing, in our grandchildren and great grandchildren.

I can't even begin to explain with words how happy I am. But happy doesn't seem to be a strong enough word. Adam has been so great. I had no idea that he would be so sensitive this early on. It makes me fall in love with him more and more and know what an incredible dad he will be to our children. He kisses our baby goodnight, texts me asking how his "little munchkin" and I are doing, and last night, while praying for our baby, he prayed for the future wife or husband of our child. That God would be with those parents, and that the child would be brought up in a loving home, one that centered around God, and that the heart of that baby would one day be prepared just right for our child. Just like ours were for each other.

Now if hearing that doesn't make you fall madly in love with a man, I'm not sure what will.

And I couldn't be more honored to bring a child into this world with him.

We love you already, our sweet baby Bluhm.

 
"It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into." -- Terri Guillemets

Share Pin It!

6 comments :

  1. What a blessing! I know this is something you have been yearning and praying for and I am so glad God has answered your petition. I'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby. Congratulations! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO EXCITED AND HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! =]=]=] Praise Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Teresa and Adam! What a wonderful blessing a child is...certainly a gift from God! I am really happy for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWW!!!!!!

    I am so excited for the both of you. I got a little teary eyed just reading your blog. I can't wait to read all about your new journey your about to be on. Please enjoy every moment because it goes by so fast. Trust me my oldest is 7 and it seems like yesterday that I had him. I can't begin to express how it feels to have your own little baby and you could be having the worst day and just looking at your baby makes it all go away. I will be praying for a very safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. Oh yeah I love babies. Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Yay! Yay! I am SO excited for you two. You will be amazing parents. Tears in my eyes, I am SO happy for you. Can't wait to meet little Bluhm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies!! We are so HAPPY. In fact, every morning that I wake up, I open my eyes, realize that it wasn't all a dream - I ACTUALLY AM PREGO- and then I get butterflies in my stomach all over again!! We can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!