/

/
.





































.
.





























.

TWENTY TWO WEEKS




Yesterday morning, as I was driving to work, I was listening to my ipod in the car and thinking about how incredible these last three days have been getting to feel Connor kick and squirm inside my womb. I keep my ipod on shuffle, so I never know what song is going to come on, and as I'm driving and thinking, a really beautiful song called "Sweet , Sweet Sound" comes on just as I think about how I can't wait for him to make his debut. This song makes me think about the sweet sound of crying I will hear the moment he enters the world. But that thought led me to something else....

I wanted to title this blog post "Sweet, sweet sound" because of my drifting thoughts yesterday morning, but remembered that I already have a post with that title. It was the post I wrote on the day we found out that all of Adam's cancer was gone. As some of you may already know, he had to take on the highest dosage of radiation treatment because of how fast the cancer spread into his lymph nodes. One of the possible side effects in men who receive a high dose of I-131 is loss of fertility. So in more ways than just one is our Connor a BLESSING for us. The picture frame that our good friend sent us with the word MIRACLE on it, means more to us than she could have ever imagined it would when she sent it. I can't do anything else but thank God and praise Him for letting us be able to conceive this baby boy and to protect him and keep him healthy as the weeks fly by.

So, back to the kicking. Yes, our little boy is a kicker alright! The first time I felt it, it startled me. But now I sit and wait, hoping any minute now he will do it again and again. It is definitely one of the most amazing feelings in the world. Last night, when I hadn't felt him move in a while, I went and sat in the rocking chair in his nursery and started to sing to him. I'm not sure if he was telling me - "Hey Mama! I'm here, I hear ya!", or if he was trying to say -" UGH! You can NOT sing worth anything, mama!!". Either way, he sure starting kicking me! I find it kind of ironic that he has started kicking now considering just a few days ago my best friend brought him this shirt to wear to cheer on our team in the World Cup when he gets a little older...


... maybe he is trying to tell us something. Kick away, little man. Kick away. ;)

Here is what is going on this week according to babycenter.com -

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, our baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If we could see inside my womb, we would be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

WHAT WE'VE BEEN DOING:
Well, thanks to my best friend and her husband coming last weekend, we have gotten registered at a couple of places and have almost completely finished the nursery. Here are a couple of pictures of the nursery SO FAR, but we don't have anything on the walls yet (which is coming soon). I think it looks precious, and THANK YOU, Crystal and Dalton for helping us get our furniture put together.

And I would just like to say that the nursery is WAY more precious in person, these pictures just don't do it justice. I can't wait to get it finished.

One of my other good friends and co-worker, Ashley,
made these adorable little gifts for Connor. She is so talented.


And the girls that work in the East Texas Region with me at the ACS got us a gift card to Target and surprised me with a cookie cake at our Regional Meeting on Tuesday. I really feel blessed to work with such an amazing group of women.



Have any of you heard the song "Anything Like Me" by Brad Paisley? I heard it for the first time yesterday, and I can't wait to play it for Adam. I JUST KNOW he is going to LOVE it.




SWEET BABY MOMENT OF THE WEEK:

I think watching the joy and excitement in Adam's face when he put his hand on my tummy and got to feel Connor move for the first time 2 nights ago would definitely have to be the sweetest. But I also loved having my best friend's 17 month old son reach over and put his hand on my stomach in church when we stood up to sing. It was almost like he was trying to touch his little future friend.
All in all, it has been a wonderful 22 weeks so far. Every day I get more and more anxious about meeting Connor and welcoming him into the world. Well, I say that, but in my heart, he is already a part of us and a part of our world. And life has never been better.
"And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words...

How wonderful life is while you're in the world."

Share Pin It!

1 comment :

  1. You look beautiful girl! You are more than half way!!! Hopefully it really is all down hill from here and you have smooth sailing. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!