/

/
.





































.
.





























.

TWENTY FOUR WEEKS


YOU GUYS.
In less than 4 months I will actually have this little baby in my arms.
It doesn't seem real. It doesn't seem possible. This whole thing is flying by and I'm torn about it. Part of me can not wait to meet our son and introduce him to the world and to every single one of you. But the other part of me is really embracing this whole - I have a human being growing in my body and I can feel him moving- thing.

It is a spiritual experience. Just like I always knew it would be. It is like I told Adam the other day ... he and I are completely separate people. Our lives intertwined and we found each other, but we are still from different blood and different hearts. Yes, two became one flesh, but you know what I mean. And now we have created something that is part of him and part of me. Us, ... together. What a beautiful plan God had, huh?

So yes, I am embracing and enjoying being pregnant to the fullest, and .... well... if you really must know...

I'm a little lot scared of the giving birth part!
Though I like to think I have a high tolerance for pain, the truth is, I'm a total wimp. I just have to keep reminding myself that the second I see that precious face I will have forgotten every ounce of that pain. And I think about all of the woman that have 5 and 6 kids, so really, how bad can it be if they keep going back for more? ;) Plus, I've got the PERFECT -I'm riding to the hospital, going into labor, about to freak out -song. So I'm prepared.

Here is what is going on with Connor this week:
Our baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. {www.babycenter.com}


PHYSICAL CHANGES:

Well let's see, the last time I went to the doctor I found out that I have gained a whopping 24 lbs since I got pregnant!! If you do the math, that is an average of a pound a week. I almost killed over when I heard that, and though I do feel as though I have been gaining weight in more than just my "bump", I'm not quite sure where I have put all 24 of those lbs. I'm not too worried about it though. Most of the women I have talked with said that they gained anywhere between 40-50 lbs with their first child. So I am right on track. Or at least, I will keep telling myself that.

The bump is getting super tight. I could probably bounce a quarter off of it. And I haven't started using any kind of cocoa butter or anything yet,.. am I going to end up regretting that decision? I just figure, since I am built exactly like my mother, and I mean EXACTLY ... I might not have any stretch marks because she never had any after she had us. Wishful, ..um... foolish thinking I guess? I'll start on that stretch mark cream asap.

Now, enough of all of these downers. Gaining weight and stretching out... can't get any better than that. But two physical changes that come with pregnancy that I DO love - are clear, glowing skin and fast growing hair. Thanks prenatal vitamins.

CRAVINGS:
I'm not really craving anything anymore. Which seems so strange to me. I've been waiting for the weird, gross cravings to come along so I will have fun stories to tell our kids. You know, like - one time, I made your dad drive all the way to Oklahoma to get me a cucumber snow cone with chopped wieners and fruit roll ups in it. Nope. None of that fun stuff. Come on taste buds! Don't let me down.

WHAT WE'VE BEEN DOING:

Adam has been having to work nights lately. Which by the way, I absolutely HATE. I'm not sure how you ladies do it who have husbands on shift work. That is miserable. But other than that, he is getting into some online courses at the college for the summer, we have finished the nursery (except for the wall decor), and it seems as though, I have run out of projects. So I am getting some cute ideas on my new favorite website - ETSY.
Also, we have been praying and need you to, also! In the beginning of September, we go in for another sonogram to make sure that everything is alright with Connor's palate. You see, cleft palate runs in my family so we want to check and make sure that his looks ok. I'm sure everything will be alright, but please if you think about it, just say a little prayer for him so that he is as healthy as can be and won't have to go through that surgery after he is born.

FUNNY BABY MOMENT OF THE WEEK:
I think just having people rub my belly now like it is a crystal ball! It's like they think they will be able to see their future in this thing. ha. Their future isn't in there...

But mine is.


Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!