/

/
.





































.
.





























.

THIRTY WEEKS







Before you were conceived
I wanted you
Before you were born
I loved you
Before you were here even an hour
I would give my life for you...

...This is the miracle of life.
~ Maureen Hawkins

Well guys, it is unbelievable.
10 weeks until we get to meet our son. My doctor even told me that around 36 weeks is when they start to expect that the baby could be born. So technically, we COULD possibly have a child in just 6 weeks!! I'm so excited I can't even explain to you!
And according to the book that I am reading given to me by my doctor, weeks 29-32 are the 8th month of pregnancy! That means I am already 7 months pregnant?!! It doesn't seem real. For as big as my belly is, I still feel pretty small for being 7 months pregnant. I mean, I thought by now I would be waddling everywhere and having a hard time sitting and standing back up. But I feel great! I feel like I could run a marathon. Obviously I couldn't, I would probably get out of breath by about the 10th step,.... but I FEEL like I could! That is what matters, right?


Here's what is going on with Connor this week:

Our baby is about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. {babycenter.com}
We went and had a sonogram at the beginning of this month. In case you missed it, here is a picture of our sweet boy's face. I can't wait to kiss all over it.



PHYSICAL CHANGES:
Connor is a little wiggle worm! He is squirming all over the place all day and I just love it. I think I've finally gotten him on the right schedule - Move all day, sleep all night. Now if only he will continue to do that once he is born...
And for those of you who have called me lately to catch up on how the pregnancy is going, I've got good news... Turns out - I'm NOT a sweller after all! Whew! Not yet anyways. One night I freaked out a little because my feet, ankles, ( well, who am I kidding, my Cankles), fingers and even a little of my face were all swelling up. I thought that maybe I was going to be a Sweller! And 7 months in. Eww. I started worrying about Preeclampsia and all of that good stuff, but it turns out, I haven't swollen since! It just so happens that I was very dehydrated that day and had Chinese food for lunch. Surprised? ;) The Chinese has LOTS of sodium in it. Thus, causing me to swell like a crazy woman! I made sure to check my blood pressure the next time I went in to see if it was really high, and the nurse joked that she wasn't sure if I was alive because it is so low. 90 over 60. Works for me!


WHAT WE HAVE BEEN UP TO:
Our Young Families at our church congregation started a new class about parenting on Sunday mornings and it is amazing. So far we are talking about the marriage relationship and the bond between you and your spouse, because without that bond in place, you won't be as successful as a parent. We are really enjoying it a lot, and even though we have lots of homework to do each week for it, it is well worth it and will only strengthen the love that we already have between us.
I have a baby shower being thrown by the ladies at our congregation this Sunday after services. I am really excited about it, not only because it will be my very first baby shower, but because all of these ladies are so sweet and supportive of me. I know they love Connor already.
I also have Relay For Life Leadership Summit in Dallas next week for work, which is always a blast! And we are having maternity pictures taken the first week in October which should be fun and really special.
Busy days ahead.


FUNNY BABY MOMENT OF THE WEEK:
I kid you not, we had this conversation in our living room one night this week. Verbatim.

Me: You know, Ad, when we have this baby life isn't going to be as easy as it used to be. Everything is going to be a little more work. Like now, when we go somewhere, we just hop in the car and go. Then we come home, hop out of the car and plop on the couch. But when Connor gets here, we will have to pack things up. Put the car seat in the car. Strap the baby in the car seat. Get to where we are going. Get the baby out. Put the baby in the stroller. Put the baby back in the car seat. Come home. Take the baby back out of the car seat. Unpack everything. You know, it's just going to be a lot of work having a baby and I want you to be prepared.


......( long pause).......


Adam
: It was your idea.


He sure keeps me laughing, but some times I can't help but think
- "wait a minute, was he just serious??" ;)



"We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Share Pin It!

1 comment :

  1. awww! that is soo exciting, congrats!! you wear pregnancy well lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!