/

/
.





































.
.





























.

TWENTY EIGHT WEEKS


"From small beginnings come great things."

Well, Hello 3rd trimester!
You kinda snuck up on me, and I've heard bad rumors about you... but for now, I can still touch my toes and I haven't craved anything disgusting. I think you're gonna be alright.
Maybe I should start counting down from here.
12 more weeks until we get to meet our son.
And then, no more wondering. No more wondering what it will feel like the moment I lay eyes on him for the first time. No more wondering what his tiny little hand will feel like wrapped around my finger. No more wondering what color eyes he will have or if he will stop crying the second they place him in my arms. And no more wondering ... what all of the big moments in my life were leading up to.


They brought me here.



WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:


Well now the nursery is ready. We've got everything in its place. Sometimes I just go in there and sit in the rocking chair and sing to Connor. My favorite song to sing to him is a song that I listened to a lot as far back as December when we first started praying for this beautiful child. It is called "To Whom It May Concern" by The Civil Wars.



"I've missed you, but I haven't met you. Oh, but I want to. How I do... "


Adam has been working hard for us- long crazy hours, and on top of that, he aced his first college exam this week! I'm really proud of him!

Also, this past weekend was my 10 year Class Reunion.


[Yes. I'm the complete dork on the front row with the side ponytail and popcorn and coke patches ironed on my jeans. Thank you family, for watching out for my coolness factor.]
Speaking of being "cool", you know what I love about High School reunions?? The fact that once we all got out of there and went on to college, or went and started our careers and our families we realized that there really is no such thing as "cool" anymore. When you meet back up in ten years, what you appreciate the most is not who can stick their nose up the highest in the air or who is wearing the latest trendy clothes, ... but who genuinely wants to talk to you about your life, help you with putting the reunion together, and who ended up being the KINDEST people of the group. That is what really matters.
We had an absolute blast this weekend and it was so good to see all of my old friends.

PHYSICAL CHANGES:
The only things that have really been changing are, of course, that our boy is growing, but more than that, I can feel his movements so much more. Sometimes he just pushes (with his head or his feet I'm not sure) as hard as he can towards the front of my belly. I will take my hand and push back a little and I can feel him squirm! :) It is like a little game we play. 'Guess where I am mama.' And I find that little stinker every time. At night, I can feel him getting really far up into my left rib cage. The only explanation I can find for that is that he wants to be as close to my heart as he possibly can.
You couldn't be any closer, little man.

SWEET BABY MOMENT OF THE WEEK:

I was talking with my friend the other day about Christmas. And how excited I will be to get our house all decorated this year, with white twinkling lights, and the smell of cinnamon in the air, and presents all around the tree. And then she asked me if I have a stocking for Connor yet. And something about that moment kind of caught me off guard and made me a little emotional. I could picture it in my head, our mantle above the fireplace with three stockings this year. And they will only grow.
And as my mantle continues to fill up, so will my heart.


"The moment a child is born
the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed,
but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new."
- Rajneesh


Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!