Yeah. Yeah. Diet. Exercise. Watch less TV. Cut back on caffeine.
We've all got those same old Resolutions year after year.
But this year, I started reading a book called The Resolution For Women. So far, I am loving it and it is really challenging me to grow as a woman and to make my life more radiant. Here are my resolutions this year:
1. I resolve to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it. I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment.
2. I will champion God's model for womanhood in the face of a post feminist culture. I will encourage its support by my sons and teach it to my future daughters.
3. I will accept and celebrate my uniqueness, and will esteem and encourage the distinctions I admire in others.
4. I will live as a woman answerable to God and faithfully committed to His word.
5. I will seek to devote the best of myself, my time, and my talents to the primary roles the Lord has entrusted to me in this phase of my life.
6. I will be a woman who is quick to listen and slow to speak. I will care about the concerns of others and esteem them more highly than myself.
7. I will forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
8. I will not tolerate evil influences even in the most justifiable form, in myself or my home, but will encourage and embrace a life of purity.
9. I will pursue justice, love mercy, and extend compassion towards others.
10. I will be faithful to my husband and honor him in my conduct and conversation in order to bring glory to the name of the Lord. I will aspire to be a suitable partner for him to help him reach his God-given potential.
11. I will demonstrate to my children how to love God with all of their hearts, minds, and strength, and will train them to respect authority and live responsibly.
12. I will cultivate a peaceful home where everyone can sense God's presence not only through acts of love and service but also through the pleasant and grateful attitude with which I perform them.
13. I fully resolve to make today's decisions with tomorrow's impact in mind. I will consider my current choices in light of those who will come after me.