/

/
.





































.
.





























.

Bump Update: 14 Weeks


When I was pregnant with my son, I kept a journal of the pregnancy, or a "bump update" every two weeks logging how big he was getting and some things going on with pregnancy. When I realized the other day that we were about to find out if this little sweet pea is a boy or a girl, I realize how I've been slacking this time with blogging my bump updates! So I'm starting this week, I just finished my 14th week of pregnancy and am going into my 15th week this weekend. Here are some fun things that are going on:

How far along:  14 weeks
Gender:  We don't know yet, but we find out in a couple of weeks! :)
Weight Gain: 12 lbs + 3 lbs - 8 lbs (I started to exercise, ha) .... so..... 7 lbs so far. 
Any surprises? Upon my first visit to the doctor, I found out that I had a fibroid tumor in my uterus that might complicate things a bit. It is the size of a golf ball, but she predicts that by the end of the pregnancy it will be the size of a softball. I'm not going to worry about it, and also blame most of my weight gain on it (doesn't that sound like a plan? ;)) and see how it goes. 
Stretch marks:  Not yet .. didn't have any with my son either, so let's keep our fingers crossed!
Sleep:  Other than a little bit of heartburn, (ok, so maybe a lot ALREADY, this kid is going to have so much hair!!! )... I've been sleeping great.
Project Nursery: Haven't even started thinking about this. We are going to have to transform our office / guestroom into the nursery so I'm waiting until we find out the sex until I even start on that exhausting task.  
Funny moment of the week:  When my husband asked our 2 yr old son if he wanted a little brother or a little sister and he replied with :  "No, it's a dog."
Cravings:  Thank goodness after about 11 weeks I finally started craving healthy foods! Mostly cantaloupe and walnuts. With my son, it was all Chinese food, burgers and pizza. I can't imagine why I gained 45 lbs!?
What We've Been Up To: These last couple of weeks have been all about focusing on our son. He won't be an only child for much longer, so I'm trying to soak up as much "us" time as I can right now. We've had lots of mommy & son dates and days at the park. Within the next couple of weeks, we've decided to try and start potty training (Heaven help us) so that won't have 2 in diapers at the same time, and also change his bed to a big boy bed so I don't have to lift him up over that huge crib anymore. Speaking of that cute kiddo....


I haven't updated you in a while but he is growing like a weed! We went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and they measured him - 37 inches which is the average height of a 4 year old. Since my son isn't even 2 & 1/2 yet, and he has stayed in the 90% since he was born, she suspects that he will be 6'4 as a grown man.  I better scoop him up and hold him as much as I can while I have the chance!! 

He is also just the funniest, most sweet spirited kid I've ever seen. He constantly makes us laugh. Recently, he added a new dance move to his repertoire : leaning over a little forwards and sideways and spanking his own hiney. Not sure where he learned that one ..... dad?
Share Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts!